Tuesday, April 17, 2018

Terrain Tuesday 5 - Coaching Inn, again

Hi All,

Not super productive lately, but I have done a little more work on the inn and stables. Mostly in the evenings while we watch tv.


So I finished the roof and added leading to the windows of the inn. Yo can see I added a chimney too, I just need to clad it in DAS and sculpt the stone work.


This is the stuff I'm using for the window leading. I thought I was being original, but I think they painted a lattice in the windows in the original. A good option if you didn't buy this stuff already.


I started tiling the stable roof. You may have noticed a few issues with the roof cap on the inn. The double wide tiles didn't seem to look right, so I ended up trimming a few of them down. For capping the walls the double is definitely too big, so I'm going to score a single width to make a peaked tile for it. Still obviously need to texture all the walls. The forge roof seems to be too large as well. I think I'm going to cut the overhangs flush with the cutouts. I'm not sure what went wrong there, but I cut everything out 20 years ago so I'm not sure what's up.

Thanks for looking.

4 comments:

  1. That's a great idea for the window leading. Keep at the Inn, it's looking really good so far and will be amazing once completed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dai. I put some more roof tiles on the stable barn last night.

      Delete
  2. Continues to look good! Just keep pushing on! 😀

    ReplyDelete